April is the month of the most prominent Christian holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ and a popular symbol associated with Easter is the bunny rabbit. Here is a quick and easy craft that can be used as a planter or to store Easter eggs or treats! With just a few supplies, your keiki can create this upcycled craft with just a plastic bottle, scissors, glue, and markers!
pink & black Sharpie pen
1. Clean the plastic bottle by removing the label, rinsing and drying the inside.
2. Using your black marker, draw bunny ears and a straight line around the bottle.
3. With adult assistance or supervision, cut along the line.
4. Paint the cut-out bottle with white paint allowing dry time and repeat until your desired look is achieved.
5. After the paint has completely dried, use your black and pink marker to color in the ears and draw on a bunny face.
Use your bunny as a planter by adding a layer of rocks or punching a hole on the bottom of the bottle for drainage, then add soil and a plant.
We hope you have as much fun as we did making these up-cycled paper plastic bottle bunnies! Please share and tag @friendsandfaire on Instagram! We would love to see your one-of-a-kind creations!